Commemorate Black heritage at an exhibit or walking tour:
• Ybor City Museum State Park depicts life in Ybor when segregation forced Black people to socialize in different clubs.
• The Pinellas County African American History Museum hosts events and presents exhibits on Black history in Pinellas County.
• African Americans were required to live in the Central Avenue area during segregation. The Tampa Bay History Center walking tours take you through this part of the city that thrived from the 1890s-1960s.
• Dr. Carter G. Woodson African American Museum features exhibits showcasing Black artists and houses a Black Lives Matter street mural.
– Eve Lederman, The 100 Companies