Members of Valley National Bank’s Women’s Entrepreneurs (WE) program have plenty of valuable do’s and don’ts for networking. Here are some of the tips they’ve shared with us:
– Do be nice. It sounds simple, yet it’s sometimes neglected. Be welcoming with those new faces in the room.
– Don’t go immediately into your own story. Remember, you’re there to learn about the people around you.
– Do slow down. Pace and tone are everything. Speak calmly and clearly, despite your nerves.
– Don’t invite someone to coffee or lunch right away. Connect in a meaningful way first before handing out your business card.
– Cami Gibertini, Valley National Bank