Your entire career could change with one introduction at a networking event.
Here are five key things to remember when networking:
1. You never know who you might meet at an event. If it’s convenient, pop by.
2. Remember, it’s not all about you. Listen more.
3. Prepare a brief, 30-second version of your life story.
4. Always take and receive a business card, and make it a habit to follow up. You never know when an opportunity to help someone or work together will present itself in the future.
5. Good karma goes a long way. Give advice.
– Nick Johnson, Triangle Media Consulting