I love napping and wish my office had a comfy couch. While there are drawbacks to napping, such as waking up feeling groggy or napping so long that it interferes with your nighttime sleep, there are also some benefits:
• Improved mood – you are rested and better able to deal with issues.
• Improved performance – you have better reaction time and memory.
• Increased alertness – you become more aware and ready to act.
• Reduced fatigue – you just feel better.
An effective nap should be 15-20 minutes during mid-afternoon in a quiet setting. Allow yourself time to wake up before resuming activities.
– Betsie Gambel, Gambel Communications