Although hurricane season started June 1, it isn’t too late to develop an emergency plan for your business. Start by making a list, including these items:
– Ensure all employee contact information is up to date.
– Conduct a meeting to discuss hurricane office procedures. For example, talk about how to back up documents, along with unplugging electronic devices and moving them to elevated surfaces so they won’t be damaged.
– Invest in shutters and sandbags, or if you rent your building, find out if the landlord provides them.
– Follow up with a basic hurricane preparedness list and ensure you have enough supplies.
– Destynee Bush, B2 Communications