A crisis situation can arise when a company least expects it, so it’s important to be prepared with a comprehensive crisis communications plan.
Five important things to do in a crisis:
– Talk about it. Don’t let days (or even hours) go by without acknowledging the problem.
– Take action. Lay out a detailed strategy to communicate to key audiences and get to work.
– Own it. Communicate how your organization is working to resolve the issue.
– Be timely. Take steps to find out what went wrong and communicate what you’re doing.
– Think ahead. Have a communications plan in place so you’re ready.