Interns seek out jobs with you to gain valuable real-world experience, develop their skills and make connections in your industry. The motivation for success is already there. It’s your job to keep that fire going.
Intern engagement doesn’t have to be difficult. Try these tips to keep your interns motivated:
1. Play off their strengths. They’ll enjoy their work more.
2. Assign meaningful work. If they feel valued, they’ll perform better.
3. Treat them like full-time employees. Increased responsibility provokes quality work.
4. Invite them to meetings. Give them a glimpse into what your work day is like.
– Allyson Berry, The Colorado 100