Reverse mentoring – pairing executives with younger employees who help them understand how to reach millennials – is a win-win for companies.
Millennials feel a sense of importance and alignment to their workplace, and companies benefit from millennials’ way of thinking and approach to challenges.
Some considerations as you implement such a program:
– Pilot the program first, and make sure the CEO supports and champions it.
– Make it a priority by setting regular, recurring meetings.
– Get feedback from mentor and mentee. What did they learn? Was the mentoring beneficial?
– Consider different formats: one-on-one or small groups. Both can work.
– Marty Petty, The MPetty Group