While it’s always beach season in Tampa Bay, more residents and tourists are flocking to our white-sand beaches. Keep these safety tips in mind for your next beach day:
– Be cautious in deep water. Don’t underestimate its depth and current.
– Always swim with a friend. They may be able to help bring you to shore, or call for help, in case of distress.
– Shuffle your feet to avoid stepping down on a stingray.
– Don’t drink and swim. Impaired swimmers may not realize when they’re tired.
– Learn CPR and basic water rescue skills. They could help you save a life.
– Charlene Cobb, Sunstar Paramedics