The Mediterranean diet is one of the healthiest diets in the world. It has been found that in addition to an active lifestyle, this diet rich in nutrient-dense foods like olive oil, fruits and vegetables, grains, beans, nuts and fish has many health benefits that include:
• Increased life span.
• Improved brain function.
• Lower risk of certain cancer.
• Lower risk of heart disease.
Celebrate your health and the Mediterranean Diet by:
1. Learning to cook Mediterranean style dishes by watching BlueZones cooking demonstrations.
2. Hosting a Mediterranean themed potluck with your family.
3. Planting a garden with fruits and vegetables.
4. Enjoying Wine@5 with friends.
– Sebastien Saitta, The SWFL 100