You’re walking into an event with 100 people whom you don’t know. Terrifying, right? It doesn’t have to be. Remembering a few key tips can help:
– Read or watch the news. Open a door that could spark a connection.
– Ask questions. People love to talk about themselves, and in the process, you’ll learn how you can be of help to them, or vice versa.
– Stay engaged in the conversation, and if you want to move on, disengage first. It’s rude to look around the room while you’re talking to someone.
– Exchange business cards only after a meaningful connection is made.
– Kyle Parks, B2 Communications