For seasoned Floridians who think they know all the hurricane preparation tips, check out the latest hurricane guide published by the Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council at TampaBayPrepares.org. There are tons of suggestions beyond peanut butter, bottled water and extra batteries.
– Send copies of important personal documents to someone you know outside the area for safekeeping.
– If you depend on electrical medical equipment, register with your local power company.
– Microchip your pet now in case you are separated during a disaster.
– Fill your bathtub with water that can later be used for flushing toilets and washing items.
– Marshall Flynn, Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council