Halloween is right around the corner, and witches, ghosts and goblins will soon be swarming the streets in search of candy. It’s important to remember that Halloween is one of the most dangerous days for children due to low visibility on streets.
Here are five ways to keep costumes creative and safe this year:
– Decorate costumes and treat bags with reflective tape and fire-retardant materials.
– Choose light-colored costumes.
– Select costumes that are the correct size to keep kids from tripping or falling.
– Use face paint or makeup instead of masks, which hinder vision.
– Carry glow sticks or flashlights.
– Charlene Cobb, Sunstar Paramedics