Home LifestyleLiving How to Help Injured or Orphaned Wildlife

How to Help Injured or Orphaned Wildlife


SPCA Tampa Bay finds homes for pets, and it also helps injured wildlife.

If you find an injured wild animal, don’t touch it. Call SPCA Tampa Bay at (727) 586-3592. Its teams are trained to handle injured or infant animals. They can pick up the animal and work with partners like Urban Wildlife Center to rehabilitate and return it to the wild.

Parents of baby animals can care for them much better than humans can. If you find a baby animal, keep an eye on it for a few days. Call if you don’t see the parents by then.

– Brent Bardell, SPCA Tampa Bay

You may also like

The Tampa Bay 100