Nothing wrecks a day like not finding your car where you parked it. Once you realize you’ve been towed, it can be an arduous process to get it back.
Take these steps to protect yourself from being towed:
– Don’t park at a business if you’re not a customer.
– Save your receipt if you parked in a staffed lot.
– Take a video or photo of yourself paying in a lot with an honor box.
– Don’t block driveways or business entrances.
If you have been wrongfully towed in Hillsborough County, contact the Public Transportation Commission and take pictures of any parking signage.
– Brett Saunders, Hillsborough County Public Transportation Commission