As you’re getting ready to leave for your summer vacation, don’t just make a list of what you need to pack. Prepare your home before your trip with some of these essential home safety tips:
– Ask a friend to house-sit while you’re gone. It’s also a good idea to tell your neighbors that someone new will be visiting your house.
– Unplug your appliances and set the thermostat to a reasonable temperature to conserve energy.
– Throw away or freeze food that might spoil.
– Consider using a timer that turns lights on and off to appear as if someone is home.
– Steve Seeger, Lennar Tampa