Regular veterinary visits are an important part of your pets health. But some pets have anxiety about visiting the vet because its full of new and unfamiliar sights, smells, people and actions.
Make veterinary visits less stressful for you and your pet with these four tips:
– Practice handling your pet in ways similar to how the vet will touch your pet.
– Make your pet as comfortable as possible. For example, keep your cat in its carrier and remove the lid for the exam.
– Reward positive behavior and make it a fun experience with high-value treats.
– Invest in professional training.
– Gillian Daniels, New Dawn Animal Behavior Center