The time to prepare your family for a hurricane is now, but it’s important not to forget about your pets.
Here are some tips as you make a plan to keep your pets safe:
– Plan where you will go if evacuation is necessary, like with friends, family, pet-friendly hotels or emergency shelters.
– Always plan to take your pet with you during an evacuation. Flooding or storm damage can put your pets at risk for injury.
– Pack at least 3-5 days’ worth of essential pet supplies.
– Microchip your pet and update contact information well before a storm is looming.
– Brent Bardell, SPCA Tampa Bay