The scariest thing about Halloween isn’t fake spiders and witches – it’s the chance for an accident. Halloween is one of the deadliest days for children due to low visibility and many children near roadways.
Tips for staying safe while trick-or-treating:
– Travel in groups with at least one adult.
– Carry glow sticks or flashlights.
– Watch for cars backing out of driveways.
– Skip houses that are not well lit.
– Use face paint instead of masks, which can block peripheral vision.
– Only cross the street at intersections or crosswalks.
– Attend organized events, such as “trunk-or-treats” or age-appropriate parties.
– Charlene Cobb, Sunstar Paramedics