Don’t let your red, white, and blue display this Fourth of July start a flap with the flag purists – there are definite dos and don’ts for letting Old Glory fly correctly.
The Federal Flag Code says you should:
• Hoist the Stars and Stripes briskly and lower it ceremoniously.
• Refrain from displaying a worn flag.
• Never put an American flag in the trash can.
• Dispose of worn flags properly, like at flag burning day many American Legions hold.
• Never let it touch the ground.
• Fold it however you want.
• Hold it to your right when marching.
• Never hang it upside down.
– Anne Geggis, Florida Politics