As a college student closing in on graduation, the most common question I hear is, “What are your plans for after graduation?”
Although 1 in 5 recent graduates are underemployed, research shows that 83% of graduates think college has paid off. Some tips for future grads:
– Don’t panic – it’s OK to not know exactly what the next step is.
– Experiential learning has benefits. Volunteer and travel.
– Don’t compare yourself to others. Everybody creates their own path.
– Trust yourself – it will pay off.
While statistics can be intimidating to those graduating, these tips can help you ease into the next step.
– Leticia Menzzano, The SWFL 100