What you wear for a TV interview is almost as important as what you say.
Here are a few tips to make sure viewers are focused on your words, not your outfit.
1. Avoid flashy prints, as cameras have trouble picking up small patterns. Solid blue is a good option.
2. Dress modestly and test how it looks when you sit. Remember that skirts and dresses may ride up while sitting.
3. Make sure clothes and accessories do not block the microphone.
4. Women, and men, should consider wearing makeup to reduce shininess, which is intensified under bright studio lights.
– Missy MacFarlane, B2 Communications